This page will guide you through the steps to create reliable links in BlazeVIEW. Refer to the other tabs in this research guide to learn how to find and create persistent links from EBSCO, Ebook Central, Gale, JSTOR, ProQuest, and other databases.
If you have questions on how to create persistent links, please contact the Reference Department or Jessica Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When you want to share materials with your class that are made available by Odum Library/Valdosta State once you log in through Anywhere Access. Articles that are open access, or available on the open Internet, do not need a proxied permalink.
When you want to share other materials not provided through Odum Library/Valdosta State.
To create reliable links to library resources in BlazeVIEW, you will need to have the permalink. There can be some variation as to where the permalink is located depending on the database. The tabs at the top of this guide list the various database sources and how you can find the permalink.
If the link generated by the database is already proxied (EBSCO, ProQuest, etc.) or the library resource already begins with https://go.openathens.net/redirector/valdosta.edu?url=
you can proceed to Step Two - Adding to BlazeVIEW (the next tab in this box).
If the generated link is not from EBSCO/ProQuest and does not start with https://go.openathens.net/redirector/valdosta.edu?url= you will need to add it.
To manually add the proxy string, paste the copy/paste the stable URL from the database into the address bar.
Alternatively, use the OpenAthens Link Generator
Now that you have a permalink, you can easily link to Odum Library resources in your BlazeVIEW reading lists, discussion posts, and more.
Do not use the Quick Links function. Using the Quick Links function will break your permalink. Once your permalink is broken by Quick Links, you will need to acquire your permalink from the database again.
1. In the content section of BlazeVIEW D2L, select Upload/Create.
2. From the Upload/Create drop-down menu, select Create a Link.
3. Fill in the Title and URL information. This URL needs to be the permalink that you created.
4, Select Open as External Resource. This option must be selected to open the link properly.
5. Your permalink to the library resource will be added to the Content section.
1. When it is time to enter your permalink in the text field, click on Insert Stuff.
2. In the new Insert Stuff window, select Insert Link.
3. Enter your permalink in the URL box. Click Next.
4. Add the text that you would like to appear in the text field. If you add no text, it will default to the link itself. Click on Insert.
5. You have successfully added a permalink in your BlazeVIEW text field.