Professors can place books and articles on Course Reserves.
Physical (print) reserves are held at the Reserve desk located on the second floor of the library next to the Circulation Desk. Print reserves can usually be checked out for short periods of time.
Online reserves require a password. Your professor will give you the password.
Refers to the author of the item on Reserve.
Refers to the class for which the item is on Reserve.
Example: MLIS 7000
Refers to the instructor of the class who has put the items(s) on Reserve.
Refers to the course ID of the class.
Refers to the discipline/major of the items on Reserve.
Example: Master Library Science, English
Refers to the desk on the first floor of the library, the Main Circulation Desk, where you can pick up physical items held on Reserve.
1. Go to the library's home page.
2. Scroll down and look for the box on the right labeled Collections.
3. Click on Course Reserves.
4. You can also access Course Reserves directly from the GIL-Find catalog. In the simple search box, you can switch from GIL-Find to Course Reserves. Click on the tab Course Reserves so that it is highlighted in gray.
Example of Simple Search in Course Reserves:
Example of Advanced Search in Course Reserves:
5. Click Go.
6. The search results will list the available items on reserve.
If the item has a status of "Available at Odum Library Reserve Desk - 1st Floor - Odum Library", then the item will be available for a limited checkout at the Reserve Desk. The Reserve Desk can be located on the first floor of Odum Library in the south side atrium.
If the course reserve item is available online, you will see the phrase, "Online Access".
1. Click on the title or Online Access to go to the item record.
2. Look for the View Online section.
3. Click view full text.
4. Enter the password supplied by your professor and the PDF will open.