GIL Express is a service that allows you to borrow items as available from University System of Georgia (USG) Libraries through placing an online request in the GIL-Find catalog or on site when visiting one of the USG libraries.
Simply visit the USG library of your choice and select the materials that you wish to check out. If you do not have a VSU 1Card ID, another photo ID will be requested in system verification that you are eligible to use GIL Express.
Placed in the GIL-Find catalog, GIL Express requests are delivered to the USG library of your choice - allowing you to determine the most convenient pick-up location.
Everyone has a 28-day loan period with 2 renewals (if no one else has requested the book).
1. Visit gilfind.valdosta.edu
2. Click on the drop-down menu next to Valdosta State University and select University System of Georgia.
1. From the results page, click Get It for the item that you are interested in.
2. To see availability and status at other USG libraries, click More Libraries.
3. Select an Institution from the pop-up window.
4. Under Options, click Request.