Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SciFinder System Recommendations and Requirements
Click Anywhere Access to access our library resources from off-campus!
Need to report a problem?
Already have a SciFinder Username and Password?
First Time Using SciFinder at VSU?
Go to SciFinder Web User Registration link
- You must be on-campus to register.
- Register with your VSU email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an e-mail message from CAS SciFinder that includes a link and instructions for completing the registration process.
Detailed SciFinder User Registration Instructions
SciFinder Scholar Web version access is only available for current students, faculty and staff at Valdosta State University.
SciFinder Scholar (web version) is a commercial tool funded by Valdosta State University Library on behalf of the Valdosta State University community and is only to be used for academic research done in the course of pursuing a degree, or in instructing students, or, in the course of research funded by the government or a non-profit foundation and intended for publication in the publicly available literature. Valdosta State University users are prohibited from using SciFinder Scholar for commercial research and purposes.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
- I will not share my username and password with any other person.
- I will search only for myself and not for others or other organizations.
- I will not use any automated program or script for extracting or downloading CAS data, or any other systematic retrieval of data.
- I may retain a maximum of 5,000 Records at any given time for personal use or to share within a Project team for the duration of the Project.
- CAS Information Use Policies apply to my use of SciFinder.