Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Everybody loves Google so using the library's website to do your research might be a little weird at first. But in the long run, taking advantage of the library's resources can only help you.
If you're off-campus, the first thing you will want to do is log in with Anywhere Access. Anywhere Access can be found on this page, as a button on the library home page, or through your MyVSU page.
In a perfect world, these steps will allow you to access our resources every time. However, if you have difficulty accessing the library's resources, please contact us.
Click Anywhere Access to access our library resources from off-campus!
Logging in to Library Resources
Students, faculty, and staff can access the library home page and GALILEO through the MyVSU portal.
- Click on MyVSU, located in upper left
- On the MyVSU page there should be links to "Visit Odum Library" and "GALILEO Anywhere Access"
- Click on "Visit Odum Library" to go to the library's home page
- Click on "GALILEO Anywhere Access", and you'll be able to access the library's databases and journal titles.
No GALILEO Anywhere Access or Visit Odum Library Tiles?
1. In the Portals section of MyVSU, click on View All.
2. Scroll down and select GALILEO Anywhere Access from the list.
You can go directly into GALILEO from BlazeVIEW:
- Look to to the upper right of BlazeVIEW (in the red)
You can go directly into GALILEO from GoVIEW:
- Look to the upper right of GoVIEW (in the blue on the main page, in the gray on a course page)
To access Valdosta’s GALILEO, you will need to log in via Anywhere Access
- More articles and resources than GoVIEW GALILEO
- Ability to access permalinks sent by librarians
We have found that logging in through GoVIEW often overrides any later attempts to log in through Anywhere Access.
If you are going to switch between GoVIEW and Valdosta’s GALILEO:
- Access GoView in your browser’s incognito or private browsing mode
- Clear your cookies and cache and restart your browser after using GoVIEW
Students, Faculty, and staff can click on any of the Anywhere Access buttons to log in and access the databases.
If you click on Anywhere Access and are prompted for a username and password, use your MyVSU username and password.