GIL Express is a service that allows you to borrow items as available from University System of Georgia (USG) Libraries through placing an online request in the GIL-Find catalog or on site when visiting one of the USG libraries.
Simply visit the USG library of your choice and select the materials that you wish to check out. If you do not have a VSU 1Card ID, another photo ID will be requested in system verification that you are eligible to use GIL Express.
Placed in the GIL-Find catalog, GIL Express requests are delivered to the USG library of your choice - allowing you to determine the most convenient pick-up location.
Everyone has a 28-day loan period with 2 renewals (if no one else has requested the book).
VSU Employees may request that library materials be delivered to their department. This includes materials from Odum Library and materials requested through ILL and GIL-Express. See more information and place requests at: https://www.valdosta.edu/academics/library/general/forms/ill-delivery-form.php
1. Visit gilfind.valdosta.edu
2. Click on the drop-down menu next to Valdosta State University and select University System of Georgia.
1. From the results page, click "Find & Request" for the book that you are interested in.
2. You will be taken to a new window. If you look under How to Get It - REQUEST from Other USG Libraries, you will see a list of institutions in the University System of Georgia (USG) that own the book.
3. Select an Institution from the list. You can then see more detailed information about the institution's holdings. Click Request.
4. Select your Pickup Institution and Pickup Library. If you would like to pick up your book at Odum Library, select Valdosta State University and Odum Library from the drop-down menus. However, you can also request the book be delivered to any USG library, so please select the location most convenient for you.